Friday, March 15, 2013

First night in Prague!

After a 2 hour delay due to the snow in Moscow, I finally got to Prague!!

My friends were waiting for me at the airport and we took the bus, then streetcar back to their place.... It was pretty amazing seeing all the different style architecture from what we have back home, just on the short ride from the airport to their apartment.

After a quick change, we went to a local Czech Restaurant for some traditional Czech food! The appetizers were superb... Cold cuts with bread, with different seasonings to add flavor. My main course, the goulash had a really nice flavor to it... It's kind of a stew with dumplings that you can dip in the stew sauce.... I also got to try some other traditional Czech dishes like Steak Tartare and Steak Sirloin, nibbling off my friends' plates. The food was hearty and flavorful!


After dinner we took another streetcar back towards the city center and walked around Wenceslas Square... I took a couple pictures of two buildings that looked great at night!

There's a fancy restaurant in the bottom and it also serves as a concert hall for classical performances.

Gun Powder Tower! Lit up at night!

Tomorrow we're going to see all the classic Prague sites- the castle, the bridge, etc.... I can't wait to take pictures and share them all... At night there's a St. Patrick's Day Party we're headed to! (Thanks for the glasses Mom! Will post pictures when we're out with them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment