Friday, March 15, 2013

Made it to Moscow (barely)!!!!!

This is the first post of my Spring Break 2013 blog! Thanks for reading :)

The flight from DC to Moscow was LONG.... And by long, I mean 10 hours... It wasn't horrible.... The seats were incredibly close together and when the guy in front of me leaned his chair back, I probably could've cuddled with him but his bruised and scraped up knuckles scared me away. 

Plus: Seats lean back FAR on AeroFlot
Minus: You're basically snuggling with the person in front/behind you

The descent into Moscow was absolutely terrifying... There was ZERO visibility until we were roughly 50 feet off the ground... I could see we were approaching the ground on the monitor in the cabin, but looking out the window, I couldn't have told you if we were 30,000 feet up or 100 feet up....

Other than the near heart attack the landing was flawless, one of the smoothest I've ever felt... 

AeroFlot has some ballin' pilots... Landing a plane smoothly in a blizzard I'm sure is no easy feat...

Oh yeah, I forget to mention... It's a blizzard out here....

As you can see, there was snow on our wings and you can hardly see anything.....

As we were taxiing towards the terminal, there was a huge convoy of trucks/equipment heading out to keep the runways clear.....

These are planes being de-iced before takeoff.... As you can see, there's a TON of snow coming down and it's pretty crazy....

Got off the plane, ate at TGI Friday's (sorry native Russians, couldn't read the signage at the non-American Restaurants) and now I've got a 2 hour wait until I take another plane to Prague....

Hopefully I'll make it on time and safely!


No comments:

Post a Comment